Looking in northern direction we see Praça da Liberdade with the layout of before the 1930 reconstruction and Avenida da Liberdade with the town-hall under construction and the Trindade church behind it. Traffic is right-hand and this places the photo after 1 june 1928. The tram at the left is of the Brill-32 type, constructed by the local workshops during the years 1926-1928. It’s followed by a tram build by the local company A Constructora during the years 1904-1906. The type of the third tram cannot be determined clearly, but it’s likely one of the six trams build by A Constuctora during the years 1901-1903.